Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Episode 1 Boston Recap: Starring Justin Williams, Tyler Grady, Ashley Rodriguez, & Leah Laurenti

Welcome to the brand new 9th season of American Idol! Can you tell I'm excited?

So, did you enjoy the episode? Did you like Victoria Beckham as a guest judge? I have to say that I most definitely enjoyed her positivity towards those auditioning, and I just LOVE her accent. I want to steal it. :) And, I'm not missing Paula's babbling at all.

Episode one started out with a rainy but positive tone overall in Boston. A crowd of 9,000 arrived to audition with only a handful getting through after 2 days. Before we get into favorites, lets recap some of the contestants featured tonight. I'm not going to recap every contestant, instead I'm going to share with you the highlights of the night according to moi!

Andrew Finland - Ok, so he didn't make it through to the Hollywood round but I actually think he deserved to be there. All the judges said he was an arrogant smart-ass which wasn't far from the truth. Simon would have given him a YES. Strangely, I'm with Simon on this one. Sure, he griped non-stop and he was arrogant but he had something going for him...um, a personality??? ;)

Luke Shaffer - What little bit was featured of Luke made me an instant fan. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in Hollywood. I think he will go far.

Ashley Rodriguez - She sang Alicia Key's 'If I Ain't Got You" and it was great. Victoria said one of her favorites and Simon said You may have IT! AGREED.

Tyler Grady - He sang "Let's Get It On". It was good/solid and the little girls are going to like him for sure. Simon said it was an audition he will remember. Victoria Beckham was in love with Tyler's clothes. :)

Justin Williams - First off, I think he auditioned last year and this year he comes with a backstory. He found out he had cancer and now he is cancer-free and ready to do what he loves. Why didn't they share this with us last year? I'm thinking he may be this year's Danny Gokey.
Here's Justin Williams cover of Apologize from YouTube He kind of reminds me of Adam Levine & Michael Buble mixed.



Leah Laurenti - Right after I tweeted that Ashely Rodriguez was my favorite, in comes Leah and wow, I really like her voice. One of my faves from the night!

Out of the Boston auditions who was your favorite? Do you see anyone from tonight making it to the top 24? I'm gonna have to go with Leah Laurenti and Luke Shaffer as my picks for the night.

Join us tomorrow night as American Idol heads to Atlanta, Georgia. Good night.

for more recaps, please visit the AI blogs in our sidebar. We heart them! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not agree on it. I think polite post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to read the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.