Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ellen Degeneras To Be The New Judge On American Idol!

A couple days ago we learned the Ellen DeGeneres will replace Paula Abdul as the new judge on American Idol season 9. Honestly I wish they were getting rid of Kara rather than Paula.

Also, Ellen said in an interview that she would not be mean. Good for her! I'm sure she will be funny which goes great with what American Idol has become in the past few seasons. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how she does on the new season coming in January 2010.

Do you think Ellen will be a good American Idol judge?


Other Links to read more about Ellen becoming a part of AI:

DeGeneres says she'll be honest but kind. We'd expect no less!

Ellen DeGeneres Joining American Idol as 4th Judge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

American Idol just lost a long time viewer. My whole family can not stand her. We do not think she
is funny, and does not have the musical background to be on this show. I never missed an episode, but now have waved a fond farewell to the show and will not purchase any product that is advertised on the show. I will watch one show so I can write down the sponsors and be sure and not buy any product that is advertised.

What a poor choice you made.

oldsoulnaz said...

I love Ellen, but I have to somewhat agree with the above poster - I'm not sure she will be good at judging music. I don't think that the show needs to add a comedian - although she mentioned on an interview on Oprah that she will be more strict than funny.
I also think that they should have gotten rid of Kara instead of Paula, I stopped watching American Idol when Kara joined the crew - I can't stand her...

MovieWatching said...

I think she'll do fine. Sometimes I think the judges just talk to hear themselves.