Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Orlando Auditions Episode Recap: Matt Lawrence And Hilarious Pants Splitting!

Despite a few gems, the Orlando episode has probably been the dullest episode to date for American Idol. How many more of these episodes do we have to endure? 3? Oh well, thankfully it all ends soon and we can get down to the good stuff.

Tonight's guest judge was the very cute Kristin Chenoweth. I had no idea how she was qualified to judge AI until they shared a bit of background on her. Of course I think I've only seen her as the homeschooling Mom in the movie RV. Loved that movie, BTW! ;)

Out of 10,000 hopefuls only 31 got through in the place where dreams come true or in this case, the place where most dreams got shattered. Here are a few of the contestants that got through.

Seth Rollins: A sweet family man who has a son with Autism... and he can sing! Wow! Kristin said, "I like everything about you!". Randy said, "Beautiful voice". I love seeing when contestants like this get through!

Jermaine Purifoy: I liked his voice but I wasn't blown away. Simon said, "Chicks will like you".

Shelby Dressel: Shelby sang Turn Me On by Norah Jones. She has a nice voice. Kristin said, "Good potential". I look forward to hearing more of Shelby.

Jay Stone: one word - beatboxer. He claimed he was bringing something new to American Idol but Blake Lewis did this a few years ago and Blake Lewis did it way better. Unfortunately, I don't think Jay will make it through day 1 of the Hollywood rounds.

Cornelius Edwards: This guy split his pants and gets the sympathy (well, I don't even know if you can call it a sympathy vote ??) YES vote! Huh? So, next year more people are going to pull this stunt in hopes of getting a yes. It was hilarious, however! Funniest moment on idol so far. You can see it here . Thanks to MJ's big blog for the link.

Bernadette & Amanda Desimone: They were fun but vocally not strong at all. Personally, I don't think they will go far in the Hollywood rounds.

Matt Lawrence: This guy was in jail for 4 years after robbing a bank with a BB gun. I was a bit hesitant about him..until I heard his voice. Whoa! This guy is going to go far in the competition. Kara said, "top 12". Do you agree?

Who was your favorite of the night?

1 comment:

Idol_Watcher2 said...

Jermaine was one of my favorites!!

Love to chat about Idol? Check out our message forum

http://thisandthatchat.proboards.com