Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Top 13 Boys - Season 11

I'm one of a few fans who actually forgot that the live show was on last night. Luckily, I was able to find the videos online va @Rickey. Thanks, Rickey! ;)

After going through the top 13 guys videos here are a few of my thoughts...

1.Phillip Phillips: The ONLY stand-out performance (for me) of the night was Phillip Phillips. Wow. He was great. And, his good looks makes him very likeable. Who doesn't want to look at him? Unlike Randy, I loved his arrangement of "In The Air Tonight". Phillip should have no problem making the Top 13.

2. Heejun Han: I love Heejun Han's personality. He is adorable. His voice...not as good as I though it was. But I still want him in the top 13.

3. Jermaine Jones: Jermaine Jones was the wild card pick. Really? Out of all the choices idol picked him. Why? David Leathers Jr. would have been a much much better choice but then Eben would have some competition. I did NOT like Jermaine's performance and I could not imagine EVER listening to that kind of music. Would anybody?

4. Eben Franckewitz: This kid sounded really good during Hollywood week. Last night's performance of "Set Fire To The Rain" by Adele was a different story. From what I'm reading, it looks like everyone thinks he's headed home. I'm not so sure of that. Grandma's and tweens everywhere probably voted for this kid not to mention VFTW.

5. Colton Dixon: Colton surprised me. I didn't expect great but I also didn't expect him to do as good as he did. I'm not sure he is top 13 worthy but his song choice, "Decode" by Paramore could help him.Also, did he have a weird accent or was it just me?

6. Reed Grimm: This guy just cracks me up with his quirky style. Jazzing up "Moves Like Jagger" may not have been the best idea. His dancing is the only thing that made the performance bearable. Will he make top 13? It's hard to tell but I'm hoping so just to keep American Idol entertaining.

7. Deandre Brackensick: Deandre is all kinds of cute. He is another one that truly impressed me during Hollywood week so I'm not sure what happened here.Why did the producers choose such a bad song for him? He could have done much better with a more current song. I'd love to see him in the top 14 based on previous performances but I don't think he will make it through. :(

8. Jeremy Rosado: Jeremy seems like a sweet guy but Jermaine will get his votes. I've never heard of the song Jeremy sang. Overall it was ok. Not memorable.Will he go through? Not likely.

9. Chase Likens: I am not much of a country music fan so I wouldn't normally vote for someone like Chase regardless. His performance was just ok. Nothing special. He sung a song by Hunter Hays. Who is Hunter Hays? Considering Chase is the only country guy his chances of making top 13 are high. :(

10. Creighton Fraker: He sang Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors" which was the perfect song choice for him. His performance wasn't great. He's definitely going home.

11. Adam Brock: What kind of guy would sing "Think" by Aretha Franklin. That didn't work. I've never really been a fan and I'm not now. He should go home.

12. Joshua Ledet: Technically, he's a great singer but I'm not really a fan. I wasn't a fan of the song he sang either. I don't know if he will go or stay.

13. Aaron Marcellus: What is up with everyone singing old songs? I know I would have liked Aaron's performance had he been given a better song choice. He's probably going home too.

The six guys I would put through are: Phillip Phillips, Reed Grimm, Heejun Han, Deandre Brackensick, Colton Dixon, Jeremy Rosado

The five guys that will probably get through to the top before judges picks: Phillip Phillips, Chase Likens, Joshua Ledet, Jermaine Jones, Eben Franckewitz

Will the judges picks be guys or girls? I'm hoping the girls are at least somewhat entertaining tonight.

No comments: